What Is GridTracker?
The original tag-line for GridTracker was:
“GridTracker listens to traffic from WSJT-X and displays it on a map. It will also load ADIF log files”
This was in February of 2018, at its core GridTracker has remained true to that description but it has evolved to be a very powerful amateur radio tool, not just for FT8!
GridTracker is a warehouse of amateur radio information presented in an easy to use interface, from live traffic decodes, logbooks, real-time spot reports, weather, current solar conditions and more!
Some of the features of GridTracker are:
- Highly advanced mapping of real-time and historical contacts on a vivid, highly customizable, interactive map. Many overlays are supported, such as Greyline, real-time award tracking, lightning strikes, Moon position and PSK-Reporter Reception Reports (Spots). Detailed State, Grid and County information is instantly accessible from the map! [Grid/county hunters rejoice!]
- Audio / Visual Customizable Alerts – Get notification
- Comprehensive callsign lookup support from popular databases.
- ‘Call Roster’ table view of live activity, also highly customizable to support award chasers or special events. Easily initiate QSOs with a single click.
- GridTracker integrates with many popular logging programs and web based systems, allowing you to see up to the minute progress for awards.
- Complete DXCC, Country, Callsign Prefix recognition
- 100% offline mode available for field-day, SOTA, IOTA and/or mobile use.
- Off-Air Messaging System (Message potential QSO partners over the Internet)
- Real-time spotting of other GridTracker and Log4OM users
- It’s free and always will be!
GridTracker is currently under active development with you in mind, tell us what you’d like to see!
Visit the “Downloads” section to get a copy for your computer!